There will be random gear checks during the event and if you are missing any item you will incur a penalty which may range from a time penalty to disqualification, depending on the severity of the breach.
1. Participants must complete the marked course on foot under their own power.
2. Participants are required to be semi self-sufficient. They should have their mandatory gear with them at all times during the race.
3. Outside assistance or support by other people is only permitted at the checkpoints. Support outside the checkpoints is not allowed, except in an emergency. There is, however, no restriction on buying drinks/food from the shops, restaurants, hawkers and vending machines along the route.
4. Pacer and support runners are strictly prohibited.
5. Stay on the marked course. Short cuts are strictly prohibited and runners found to be using short cuts will be disqualified.
6. Race number bibs must be visible at all times on the outside of clothing (at the front).
7. You must check in and check out at each checkpoint with the checkpoint officials.
8. If you need first aid help on the course you must use the phone numbers on your race bib to contact event organisers who will make every effort to retrieve you. Due to the difficulty of access of certain locations, you might have to wait for assistance for longer than anticipated.
9. You must obey directions of marshals at all times. In particular if you miss any cut-off times you must withdraw from the race as instructed.
10. Littering is prohibited. Any participant found littering will incur a 60 minutes penalty at the organisers’ discretion.
11. Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification. Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.
12. Ensure your own safety and that of others. Be considerate of other trail and road users at all times. Take great care when crossing or running on roads. If another runner is injured or in distress, please assist. The race organiser will gladly deduct from your finishing time any time spent assisting an injured or distressed fellow runner.
13. The organiser has its own public liability insurance. This does not include personal accident of participants. We recommend that you have your own personal accident cover.
14. The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the Event Rules, route and/or other arrangements as they deem appropriate.